Regeneration and sustainability are at the core of our values
The Regency’s existence is underpinned by a long and complex renovation project which restored formerly derelict Georgian buildings to the finished product that you can see today.
During the restoration we made a conscious effort to use recycled and reclaimed materials were possible. Our radiators, floorboards and many of our decorative items had a previous life before The Regency. Moreover, these items were largely sourced from local suppliers such as Wilson’s Yard and On the Square Emporium.
Our focus moves far beyond the walls of The Regency to the wider Crescent area, Botanic and South Belfast.
Aurient Ltd has made further property purchases on the Crescent with a view to all but eliminate dereliction in the area. Our mission is to restore this beautiful conservation area, from a forgotten square to the jewel in Belfast’s crown by driving both local business and tourism.
Furthermore, members of our team founded Friends of the Crescent. A Community Interest Company with the purpose of:
- • Enhancing the Crescent’s physical environment.
- • Encouraging and enabling the legal and safe use of Crescent Park by the general public.
- • Ensuring that the park and the Crescent area provides a welcoming and harmonious environment for everyone.
- • Engaging with statutory bodies in the interests of the Crescent.
Our aim is to follow through on our sustainable approach developed during our renovation now that we are an operational business. We have categorised some of the measures we have taken to date and ways you can help us below:
Reduce Single Use Plastics
• Rather than providing you with small single use toiletry bottles we have opted to use 300ml refillable bottles where possible.
• In your kitchen you will find refillable salt and pepper cellars and glass condiments jars rather than plastic sachets.
• Your welcome bag is a sustainably sourced, reusable jute bag. We encourage you to take this gift home with you and use it to replace plastic shopping bags.
• Your residence is fitted with a filtered water tap – where possible we ask that you use this water to refill bottles rather than purchasing single use plastic bottles.
Reduce Energy Waste
• The Quooker tap in your kitchen provides instance boiling water saving excessive energy boiling an electric kettle.
• As standard we will provide you with new towels every third day, if you require a more frequent change leave your towels in the bath/shower or let a member of our team know.
• We ask that you are mindful of leaving lights or appliances on when not being used.
Reduce Landfill Waste/ Increase Recycling
• We have provided a waste disposal unit to help guests reduce their food waste.
• You will find a recycling bin in your kitchen.
• The coffee machine in your residence is a ‘bean to cup’ machine, eliminating waste from pods.
• We endeavour to recycle old linens and towels no longer fit for use in The Regency.
• We have bicycles available for guests’ use during their stay.
• We have made a conscious decision to partner with local brands and suppliers with a sustainable ethos.
• We are in the process of installing EV charging points in our parking scheme.